Wednesday 27 February 2008

1st Job

This place was such a big org that it scared me a bit at first cuz as bold as i may seem to some, I am such an introvert sometimes.

On my 1st day, I met a fellow grad and suddenly felt at home as she was oriental so i felt like i had a fellow "minority" there. A couple of months later, an asian chick joined and that was it..we were complete....the 3 musketeers".

I knew in my mind of minds that I wouldnt be there for long, 2 yrs...maybe worse case scenario 1.5yrs :) hmmm "chick i said to myself, why jump the gun, wait for God to decide if you stay up to 3 mths after the probation lol.

The job became so mundane, I wasnt moving forward and decided to take the leap and apply for a diff position in the same company after about 9mths or so.

I will never forget that day, as a matter of fact it was actually quite fun...I had a very interactive panel interview, in my sharp linen suit or at least I thought i looked sharp :), I blapped once again my sensible nonsense in a strategic manner.

I left the interview believing God will do the rest as I had to fly away to the states the next week. The HR lady gave me the impression that I would get a phone call if I was successful... mid week, the phone rings.....wat ooh my God, excitement, feet shaking...mind you it was like 4am in the states cuz of the time diff.........which made me think i had this on lock down...

Before I forget, after the interview .......while still at work, my fone rang. It was the HR lady still trying to find out more by asking more questions and saying that they were really impressed with me.

I am sure you are saying by now "get to the point, you got the job" right?? well I didn't....Y didn't I, i wondered after all that crap....

Being the fighter that I am, I requested for feedback from the guy on return only for him to say he enquired about me and got the impression that i present myself as "agressive" to many....What do i do my dear readers if I am a strong, focused, determined black woman in a new world....If you met me in person, its so contrary to the agressive model they created. A

Anyway, I learnt..the trait they see as agressive is what the good lord God has instilled in me for a reason and that purpose shall come to pass in Jesus name. So I got tired of trying aimlessly and resigned even before getting a job....Now is that believing or what?

3 comments:

O'Dee said...

Not sure resigning b4 u got anoda job was a gd move. But d whole agressive tn was jst pple tukn.

But u no smtm u av 2 ensure u av a gd rapport with people in d work place, cos u never no...

Godisalive said...

Tx oluwadee.look out for updates which i shall be puttn up soon.

littleangel4christ said...

Waiting for your next post. Abt leaving the job before getting another, let's just believe something extraordinary is going to happen. U never knw!